Every first Saturday of December, the Scottish Day Parade and the Holiday Boat Parade of Lights launches the month-long festivities in Alexandria. It’s always a great way to kick off the Holiday Season. There’s still a lot more holiday cheer to come & we’ve listed our favorite events in Old Town and Del Ray…
- Del Ray Ladies Night Out. Sip, Shop and enjoy discounts on December 7 from 6-9pm at Bellies & Babies, Kiskadee, La Brocante, Purple Goose, Top It Off and more.
- Del Ray Artisans’ 22nd Annual Holiday Market offers unique handcrafted fine arts and crafts from local artists on the weekends of December 8-10, & December 15-17, 2017 at Del Ray Artisans Gallery in the Colasanto Center, 2704 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, Virginia 22301. For more information and hours, please visit DelRayArtisans.org
- Explore Alexandria’s most famous public historic homes on December 9 ~ the annual Historic Alexandria Candlelight Tours includes Carlyle House, Gadsby’s Tavern Museum, Old Presbyterian Meeting House and Lee-Fendall House Enjoy seasonal spirits and period-themed food. Tours are from 4-9 p.m and cost $25 for adults, $20 for seniors 65+ and Active military. $5 for children ages 6-17. For tickets, go to Alexandria.gov
- 116 King Holiday PopUp has several interesting events in December but Wellness Sunday, December 10 from 10am to 7 pm might be just the event you need to recharge during this busy month. Reconnect with your health with Barre 3, Summit to Soul, and Kindred Skincare! For more information click here.
- If you like to sing, join the Alexandria Citizens Band for a free Holiday Concert and Sing-Along on Friday, December 15 at 7:30 pm at Del Ray United Methodist Church, 100 E. Windsor Ave, in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Now in its 32nd year, the Waterskiing Santa and his wakeboarding reindeer, plus flying elves, the Grinch and his friends, Frosty the Snowman and Jack Frost will no doubt put on another fabulous show on Christmas Eve (Dec 24). Prime viewing area is along the waterfront between King Street and Oronoco Street (includes Founders Park and the Alexandria City Marina). Pre-show begins at 12:45 with the main event happening at approximately 1 pm.
- First Night Alexandria (December 31- New Year’s Eve)~ this will be the 23rd year of First Night in Alexandria. This family-friendly event gets better each year and it looks like this year will be no exception. Activities begin as early as 10am and end with fireworks & a band at the waterfront (end of King Street) at midnight. Included in the all-day pass tickets will be events in Del Ray. For all the details, prices and to purchase tickets, go to Alexandria First Night.
Which is your favorite event of the Holiday season? Have one to add? Let us know in the comments. We hope you have a Happy and Healthy holiday season!!