Beverley Hills has always been a popular place to live in Alexandria. Some have even called it the quintessential suburban oasis. The tree-lined streets and brick colonials just exude character and charm. And while people are always moving into the neighborhood it’s not uncommon to meet someone who has lived here for 4o years or more. You may wonder, “what makes this neighborhood so great? There is a lot to love about Beverley Hills which is why, I’ve compiled a list of my…..
Top 10 Reasons you Should Live in Beverley Hills:
- LOCATION- One stop light to DC, a walk downhill to Del Ray or Shirlington, 5 minutes to DCA or Old Town, 2 minutes to I-395 and other major thoroughfares. It’s also just a short Uber ride into DC for a night on the town.
- CHARACTER – there is nothing “cookie-cutter” in Beverly Hills and you won’t find two homes that are exactly alike. Each house is unique in its own right.
- A TIGHT-KNIT COMMUNITY- Beverley Hills is that type of neighborhood that makes people say that “living in Alexandria is like living in a small town.” Neighbors look out for one another here and when there is a need – big or small- the community comes together to support their neighbors.
- AWARD WINNING SCHOOLS – Charles Barrett Elementary School, George Mason Elementary and a handful of popular pre-schools are located in and around Beverley Hills.
- THE SOCIALIZING – if you enjoy being social there are no shortage of groups and clubs in the neighborhood. From moms clubs to wine nights, cooking clubs, garden groups and book clubs – there is something for everyone.
- PARKS – Several parks and playing fields are nearby. The “Pit”, the Beverly Hills Park and nature trail, Charles Barrett playground and field, the Beverly Hills Church natural playground, George Mason Elementary playground and field.
- WALKABILITY- to several restaurants, 2 farmers markets, Great Harvest Bread Co. Cafe Pizziola, Baskin Robins, Starbucks, CVS, Safeway, Fresh Market, Bradlee shopping Center and Fairlington Plaza Centre.
- FIREWORKS – you can sometimes catch a glimpse of the fireworks from the Masonic Temple.
- FITNESS – An active neighborhood – from boot camps in church parking lots to yoga classes and running groups. Seeing groups of cyclists and runners wizzing by your house is an every day occurrence. Beverly Hills offers quick access to the major trail systems such as the Mt. Vernon and W&OD. There are also multiple gyms and crossfit operations nearby.
- WHEEL DAY – A tradition that began in 1941 is still alive today. Every Memorial Day children decorate their bikes and parade down Old Dominion Boulevard to the Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church playground wher prizes are awarded for the best decorated wheels.
Check out my Beverley Hills Resource page for more facts and info about this neighborhood.
If you are curious about Beverly Hills homes, take a look at my great new listing on one of the nicest streets in the neighborhood.