We all remember the “hangout house.” It was the friend’s home where everyone wanted to be, after school and on the weekends. The parents were around, but not hovering. There were always plenty snacks and fun things to do. Other parents were reassured knowing that their kids were at a friends house.
So what are the features that make a great hangout house? I recently asked a couple of teenagers and here is what they had to say…..
- Close, preferably walking distance from school
- A swimming pool most definitely
- Having a tennis or sport court is a huge plus
- A big basement for watching movies and sports
- Another separate family room where the parents could watch their own shows
- Someplace outside or on a porch to put a ping pong table
- Room for a pool table in the basement
- A huge Driveway where you can set up a basketball hoop
- A grassy area for yard games
- Plenty of outdoor space for cookouts and team parties
If you are looking for the perfect hangout home for your family, take a look at my listing at Alexandria’s popular Vauxcleuse neighborhood. Located on a over half of an acre, close-in and featuring all of the above and more.